Sunday, April 21, 2013

Fruit Strip


I had the honor of carrying the sand toys from home to the playground in a canvas bag I happened to have with me. More often than not, it seems like we decide not to bring (or forget to bring) these toys. They are not so easy to tuck in as they once were, when we took the stroller everywhere. Now that I think about it, I have not in fact seen the stroller in use even once in the past six months, though the thing may still be hiding folded up in the hall closet without my knowledge. But this ignorance in itself demonstrates how Mabel has become a big, big, big independently mobile girl at two years, eight months. Yet she was nevertheless highly pleased that we did not forget the sand toys on Friday afternoon.






When snack time arrived, Mabel worked at a careful pace through a couple of the chewy organic fruit strips that have become such favorites in the last few months.She offered bites to her companions at intervals.