Saturday, September 29, 2012

50/50 Floor










Tauba Auerbach has taken over a gallery at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art as part of the Field Conditions exhibition running through the end of the year. The installation is called 50/50 Floor. The glowing tubes above are spinning steadily but semi-randomly and somewhat out of sync. The photos I took here were horrendous until I remembered to lower the ISO and reset the White Balance for fluorescent.  

Mabel Watson Payne liked this room exceedingly when she absorbed the experience earlier in September with her parents, as seen here. With a grandchild of my own, I am now effectively corrupted and far less tempted to express the deep sarcasm I still feel about the curatorial dumbing-down taking place in all American art museums, which increasingly pimp themselves to the taste of tourists and children in order to increase the gate-count.