Sunday, April 1, 2012

White Balance Cont'd

1/25 second, f/3.5

Bedtime for Mabel Watson Payne. She works so hard all day long at this stage in her life that she is usually quite sleepy by bedtime, though she always perks up for the bath.


1/15 second, f/2.5


1/15 second, f/2.2


1/40 second, f/1.8


1/15 second, f/2.5


1/20 second, f/2

My ambition for these bath pictures was to adjust the White Balance and compensate for the fluorescent light. I shot them all in color at ISO 1000. Then when I saw them on the monitor the color was atrocious. One example below should suffice. (Poor Mabel, to be so distorted!)

To console myself I picked out the most lucid of the bedtime/bath pictures and suggested to them that they would probably be happier living their lives in sepia. They agreed.


1/20 second, f/2