Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Various Naps




I visited Mabel Watson Payne and her mother (my daughter) today. There was much talking between the grown-ups. There was much sleeping on the part of Mabel Watson Payne. At certain points it could be seen that she was dreaming. We wondered what her dreams might look like. Yesterday was her one-month birthday.





My daughter described the terror she felt when cutting Mabel Watson Payne's fingernails for the first time. Then she showed me the special nail clippers and nail files supplied as baby gifts. These upped her confidence considerably, she said.




After lunch Mabel Watson Payne went into her room and into her crib for a serious nap. My daughter reports that Mabel Watson Payne sleeps better at night if she has slept well during the day. If her day sleep is too choppy, then it will be less sound at night as well. The rules for babies are not the same as other people's rules.