Saturday, April 11, 2009

Saturday Afternoon



These are a few of the small-size things I saw while I was wandering at random in the Mission on a day of glowing San Francisco light.




The small door above looks as if it is never opened. I wonder who made it, with the door-frame tapering off on either side at a different height. The elaborate hinge on the bottom is painted over while the one on the top is left bare. It would make a good book jacket, this curvy door to who knows where.












These final two horizontal images are half-accidental digital imitations of lomography.

I lost steam on the lomography experiment when I realized that I could not effectively post lomographic prints unless I put time and money and effort into searching out a better arrangement for scanning them, and what I realized was that my patience with technology is growing shorter – as would seem natural in people of my advanced years – and I am not willing to cope with the bother of acquiring a better scanner. In the summer I expect to get interested in lomography again, but only for the sake of the prints, not for use here. It is essentially a paper medium, after all, and maybe it should remain so. I ordered a big square photo album from the Lomography people and put a dozen photos into it, four to a page. Those were the ones that seemed ok to me out of the hundred or so total that I have taken so far. My daughter and son-in-law have an identical lomography album, but far fuller. Fuller because they rightly enoy the slapdash unpredictable results delivered by their Diana camera, where I tend to fight my Diana camera for more control of the finished image than the Diana camera is designed to deliver.